17 April 2011

What's up next?

I've got a few things on my list to try. I also got lucky and scored a whole mess of green and yellow squash, and orange bell peppers.


Some blog topics I want to do:
ShengJianBao- The love child of a steamed bun and a potsticker.
Chinese style flatbreads- Thinking maybe scallion pancake(con yun bing?), beef roll (Niu Rou Xian Bing), stuffed flatbreads, and sesame pocket breads (shaobing). Still working on the texture. There is also a lot of crossover with Indian style breads.
Xiao Long Bao

Stuff I got in the fridge that I have to cook with:
Got a mess of blanched greens I was thinking of turning into a saag (Indian style greens curry). Maybe with some of this kabocha pumpkin.
Lots of summer squash... I know I want to shred some and try it with jaiozi filling, lol. Gratin Bayaldi/Ratatoulie, maybe a sabzi of some sort?
Char Sui: Got a gift of some pork roast taking up space in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment